Wednesday February 15, 2017
The Royal Academies of Belgium for Science and the Arts, Brussels
Every year the Soil Science Society of Belgium is organizing a Day for the Young Soil Scientist. This day, the floor belongs to the new generation of soil scientists: they get the opportunity to showcase their work and get to know other (young) soil scientists. For all members, this day is an excellent opportunity to learn about new research initiatives undertaken by the different research groups, both in Belgium and abroad.
- Venue: Royal Academy, Hertogstraat 1, Brussels – Ockeghemzaal
- Date: 15/02/09 from 13:30 – 17:00
- All research groups are invited to send abstracts for oral presentation or posters
The scientific programme
- Oral presentations (10’ presentation + 5’ discussion each) – selection will be based on content and distributed over the research groups.
- A session of synthetic poster presentations (3’ each = 2 slides each) – there is no limit to the number of poster presentations! M.Sc. thesis students are warmly encouraged to make a poster on their actual thesis work, with special attention to the research question they are trying to answer + the methods of their research.
- A poster session with explanation in the poster room where also drinks will be served.
- Registration: participation is free and open to non-members, but please register by sending an email to email@example.com with ‘Registration DYSS 2017 + your name’ as the subject of the email.